Guus van Eck kalender 2023
Sinds 2009 brengen we traditiegetrouw een Seacon Logistics kalender uit in samenwerking met kunstenaar Guus van Eck.
Iedere maand onthullen we een bijzonder schilderij (gouache) van de 2023 kalender. Ontdek ze hieronder.
The Meuse originates in France, in the small village of Pouilly-en Bassigny on the Plateau de Langres. At the end of its 950 km journey it flows into the North Sea.
Joan of Arc
Joan of Arc was born in Domrémy in 1412. On the left, on the hill, is the Basilica of Bois-Chenu, dedicated to Joan of Arc. It is built on the exact spot where she is said to have heard the voices of saints, calling her to save France. On 30 May 1431, she was condemned a heretic and ended up being burned at the stake.
The battle of Verdun
The city of Verdun is located in the middle of the Meuse plain in Lorraine, in the French department of Meuse. It is heavily marked by its historical past, and is the symbol of World War I. Over 700,000 French and German soldiers died here.
The citadel of Dinant
Dinant’s citadel dates back to 1051 and has been destroyed and rebuilt several times. Instrument designer Adolphe Sax (1814-1894), the inventor of the Saxophone, lived in Dinant.
Pont de Fragnée
Pont de Fragnée is a bridge in the city of Liège where the Ourthe river merges into the Meuse. It was built on the occasion of the World’s fair in 1905. The bridge is decorated with gilded angels, symbolising the old and new river.
The Siege of Maastricht
Guus used an old engraving as an inspiration to depict the Siege of Maastricht by Louis XIV in 1673. In just 13 days, the city was captured from the Spanish.
In the 10th century, Keverberg Castle was the power centre of the county of Kessel, which included present-day northern Limburg and parts of North Rhine Westphalia. It was situated at an important intersection of trade routes over water and land. In 2015, the castle was rebuilt on the old ruins and restored to its former glory.
Steyl, village of monasteries
In the late Middle Ages, Steyl was an important unloading point for marl and wine. Five congregations settled here, and each of them built their own monastery. Three of these were founded by Father Arnold Janssen. He was canonised in Rome in 2003.